Thursday, June 28, 2012

Prensky Chapter 8: Let Your Students Create

How can I elicit maximum creation from my students related to their learning? In order to elicit maximum creation from the students in my class, it is important to give them opportunity. Students should be given choices and multiple ways to express themselves. As teachers we should take an interest in what interests our students. From that we should design lessons and projects. By given students choice and gearing the learning to their interests I can work to elicit the maximum creation from them! How can I help my students engage in world conversations? I agree with Prensky that world conversations can work to benefit our students. By connecting to the world around them, my student’s learning will be enhanced greatly. A great way to have my students engage in world conversations would be through using partnering and collaboration in the classroom. I will encourage my students to take part in world conversation through the use of the internet and educational web 2.0 resources. By doing this I will allow my students to collaborate with not only their classmates but other students around the world. How can I continually raise the bar for my students’ creations? In order to continually raise the bar for my students’ creations I will design lessons to encourage my students to take part in collaborative web 2.0 websites. Here they could learn with their classroom peers as well as others. Using these tools, I will allow my students to express their creativity in whatever way most inspires them and my students will learn to their best ability! This type of atmosphere will allow my students more freedom and allow them to revisit topics they need to review while others can move forward to more advanced topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment