Thursday, June 28, 2012

Prensky Chapter 9: Continuous Improvement Through Practice and Sharing

I absolutely love the idea of partnering. I love the idea of students discovering on their own terms, and the teacher acting as a guide. I have the opportunity to work with all grade levels N-12 in one week and although I think partnering can be done at all levels , I think it needs to be facilitated in different ways. Obviously, a Kindergartener will not be able to navigate the internet as well as a twelve grader. Yet, kindergarteners are great at group inquiry type questions. I like to ask them as a group, “what do you think will happen if…”. I give them an opportunity to discuss and then we work together to find the correct answer. It’s a great way for them to learn and be active participants during lessons. Older students do great when they are given guiding questions and then are able to self research and develop their own types of assessments to show their knowledge. Although, I am working at incorporating this flipped classroom and the idea of partnering, I have not yet mastered it. I as a lot of teachers, both new and experienced are working to perfect this new type of learning. These teachers are learning new ways to engage their students on individual basses!

No comments:

Post a Comment